Dubai Knowledge Park and ICCA Dubai
Get ready to take your passion to the next level! A Creative Mystery Box Pasta and Pie Competition brought to you by the Dubai Knowledge Park (DKP) in partnership with the International Centre for Culinary Arts - ICCA Dubai, offering you a chance to showcase your talent in the art of Cooking & Baking on a big platform for the world to see, and win certified culinary courses in Cookery & Patisserie worth AED 35,000 at the ICCA Dubai.
The competition will be based on a Mystery Box theme and is open to both the Cooking as well as the Baking enthusiasts alike; wherein the Cooking enthusiasts will make their best Pasta Dish and the Baking enthusiasts will bake their best Dessert Pie, based on the secret ingredients made available to them in their respective Mystery Boxes.
The competition will see a Winner from each of the categories - Cooking and Baking, who will be selected by an eminent panel of judges from the DKP and ICCA Dubai.
This is your opportunity to get your talent recognised and up your game in what you love to do most!
Theme: The Pasta & Pie Mystery Box Competition
Date: Saturday, November 21st, 2020
Time: 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Venue: The International Centre for Culinary Arts - ICCA Dubai
1. Interested participants are required to formally register to take part in the competition, and the registration is free.
2. There will be a shortlisting process for which the interested participants have to submit their entries in the Application Form, adhering to the following guidelines:
3. We request you to register only if your participation is confirmed and complete, as the finalists will be selected based on this pre-selection process.
4. The last date of submission of your entry for the competition is Saturday, November 7th, 2020. Entries sent after this date will not be accepted.
5. The shortlisted finalists will be announced on the official DKP and ICCA Dubai Social Media channels and also directly contacted via email on or before Wednesday, November 11th, 2020.
6. The shortlisted finalists will then be formally invited for the Competition Briefing & Facility Familiarisation on Saturday, November 14th, 2020, at the ICCA Dubai, this will then be followed by the actual competition on Saturday, November 21st 2020.
1. The shortlisted finalists will be required to be physically present at the competition venue by 9:00 AM on the day of the competition, in time for the official competition starting at 10:00 AM, and are not required to bring any ingredients or equipment for the competition.
2. Each participant will be given a Mystery Box of ingredients with which they have to make their best Pasta Dish or Dessert Pie, according to their respective category, within the 3 hours of time provided.
3. The competition will be judged by an eminent panel of judges from Dubai Knowledge Park (DKP) and the ICCA Dubai -
Mohammad Abdullah, Managing Director, Dubai Knowledge Park,
Orfali Brothers, Mohamed Orfali & Wassim Orfali, Celebrity Chefs,
Chef Alessandro Miceli, Executive Chef, Roberto's Italian Restaurant,
Ms. Shanaaz Raja, Director of Courses, ICCA Dubai,
Chef Uwe Michael, Vice President WorldChefs & President Emirates Culinary Guild,
4. The judging will be based on the following criteria -
5. All entries must be strictly made with the ingredients provided in the Mystery Box and nothing more or less will be allowed to be added into the dish.
6. Enhanced Food Safety & Hygiene would be one of the most important factors that will be judged. Hence, it is important to maintain a clean and absolute hygienic work process during the competition and stringent COVID-19 precautionary and preventive measures & protocols to be strictly adhered to.
1. Those aged 16 and above, are eligible to participate in the said competition.
2. If the participant fails to meet any of the above-mentioned criteria, the entry will be disqualified.
3. Incomplete applications and submissions will not be considered.
4. The participants need to ensure that they are present at the venue on time for the Competition. Those not conforming will be disqualified.
5. DKP and ICCA Dubai will not be responsible for any kind of damage to the prepared dish or loss of personal belongings.
Should you have any further questions or queries, kindly get in touch with us at [email protected]
Established in 2005, the International Centre for Culinary Arts - ICCA Dubai is an internationally renowned vocational education training centre, delivering truly worldclass professional and personal culinary learning...