Craving for some chocolate cake?
Try this easy to bake, decadent Chocolate Cake recipe made with Dark Chocolate, Mayonnaise and served in a chocolate-hazelnut crumble shell giving a nice crunch to the rich and moist cake.
|Devil Sponge Cake|
|Dark Choc Mirror Glaze|
Method of Preparation:
Devil sponge cake.
- Beat egg and sugar creamy
- Mix together: cocoa powder, water, mayonnaise, salt, milk,
- Mix together: flour, baking powder, baking soda
- Mix 2. to 1., fold in 3
- Bake at 180 deg C
- Boil cream 1 and pour over the chocolate
- Gently fold in together and set aside
- Whip. Cream 2 with icing sugar
- Fold Whipped cream to ganache
- Chiller until we use it.
Dark Choc Mirror Glaze
- Soak the gelatine
- Boil water and cream. Mix cocoa powder and sugar. Add to the liquid and continue boiling
- Take off from the heat and add the gelatine. Then add the dark chocolate
- Cool down until it ready to use.
- Combine butter, powdered sugar and salt. Incorporate hazelnut flour. Add slowly pastry flour. Let set in the refrigerator. Make butter crumble and bake at 160.
Chef Sally Handoko
Sally Handoko is a popular name in the Dubai culinary industry. She started her career in the Four Seasons in Indonesia and edged into the pastry kitchen. From a very young age itself, Sally was fond of baking cakes and it was only natural for her to choose baking overcooking. Her passion for learning more and her love for world-class patisserie led her way to Dubai after working in Indonesia for a few years.
In Dubai, Sally worked with JW Marriot, Fairmont, and The Conrad before her current position with ICCA Dubai as a Pastry Chef Instructor. She left the kitchen at the peak of her career as an Executive Pastry Chef to pursue her long term interest in teaching. Despite her successful position in the kitchen hierarchy, Sally always wanted to develop her career as a culinary instructor so that she could share knowledge and inspire the next round of professionals in the field.