A delicious caramel flavoured soft and sticky pudding of Dutch origin, made with apricot jam and served hot with custard or ice cream. This is a very popular dessert in South Africa that helps make a perfect ending to intimate dinners.
|Castor sugar||¼ cup|
|Dark brown sugar||¼ cup|
|All-purpose flour||½ +1/8 cup|
|Baking soda||½ tsp|
|Melted butter||1 tbsp|
|Vinegar||1 ½ tsp|
|For the Sauce|
|Orange juice||62 gm|
Method of Preparation:
For the Crumble
- Set oven to 180°C
- Beat castor sugar, dark brown sugar and eggs until fluffy then beat in the jam until a creamy consistency
- Sift dry ingredients into a separate bowl.
- Melt butter in a small pot on medium heat and add the vinegar and milk
- Now add the above mixture (butter, milk, eggs) to the sifted ingredients and mix well. Now add the eggs mixture and combine well.
- Pour into a Bundt mould.
- Bake at 180°C for 20 mins until the top is nicely browned.
- Melt all the sauce ingredients together in a small pot over medium heat and pour over the pudding before serving, preferably while it’s still hot.
- Serve it with ice-cream or custard or both.
Chef Vrushali Jadhav
Developing a strong affinity towards cooking at a very young age made Vrushali do her Bachelors’ in Hotel Management from IHM Goa, in order to pursue her passion to have a career in the world of culinary. Her dedication and commitment to excel have made her a name in the Culinary Fraternity in the UAE.
Vrushali’s Professional career started with the Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts, spotting immense talent in her which got her the opportunity to be a part of the pre-opening team at the prestigious Madinat Jumeirah Hotel in 2004. She has taken challenges and opportunities as they came, moving from Jumeirah Group to Dusit Thani and then to The Palace Down Town, where she worked as the Head Pastry Chef for over 7 years making the hotel a popular F&B offering in Dubai.
After years of industry experience, she embarked on the teaching path and joined ICCA Dubai to share her knowledge with the aspiring young chefs. Later on, she also became a certified Gelato Trainer by Carpigiani Gelato University, along with being a Patisserie Instructor at ICCA. In her journey as a Pastry Chef, she has travelled to Switzerland, Malaysia and Italy for work and training purposes with world-class master chefs.