An easy to make vegetarian soup recipe, made with the goodness of spinach, artichoke and bell peppers that is loaded with immune-boosting vitamins and minerals.
|Fresh artichokes cleaned||100g|
|Vegetable / chicken stock||100 ml|
|Fresh cream||200 ml|
Method of Preparation
- Begin by cleaning and prepping your artichokes
- Once the artichokes are cleaned, set aside.
- Peel and dice onions, garlic and mixed peppers.
- Wash and clean spinach.
- Once all ingredients have been prepped it’s now time to cook.
- In a saucepan sweat off onions garlic, do not colour.
- Once slightly translucent add the mixed peppers and artichokes.
- Once artichokes have been added it is now time for the stock.
- Cookout till artichokes are soft, it’s now time for the cream and spinach.
- Once cream and spinach have been added cookout for a few minutes.
- It is now time to blend the soup till smooth.
- To finish just season to taste and serve.
- Serve with crusty bread or croutons.
Chef Edward Clegg
Edward has been a culinary professional for 25 years working with some of the world’s top chefs in the UK and South Africa. Being an advocate of innovation and technology in the culinary industry Edward has specialized in molecular gastronomy, fine dining and he is also actively involved in the avant-garde food movement.
He has always been fascinated with culinary competitions and tries to be a part of them as much as possible. He has won medals for competing in the Culinary Olympics, which is the culinary world cup representing South Africa and also for the Salon Culinaire World Culinary Grand Prix. Edward was also one of the honourable judges for the Master Chef South Africa series.
When it comes to food Edward has a passion that is second to none. He lives for food and works to attain nothing less than perfection.