An amazing creamy cheesecake with a twist of ginger cookies and cranberry coulis with orange zest that tastes like Christmas for this beautiful holiday season.
It is a magnificent and colourful dessert that will decorate any festive table. This cheesecake can be prepared in advance and served next day, saving you time and hassle on Christmas Eve.
We hope you try this beautiful recipe and wish you and your family a prosperous and bountiful New Year full of happiness.
|Cream cheese||300 g|
|Sour cream||3 tbsp|
|Whipping cream (35%)||200 ml + 3 tbsp|
|Cookies (Ginger thins)||300 g|
|Butter (melted)||100 g|
|Sugar (Caster)||150 g|
|Gelatin powder||20 g|
|Water (cold)||100 ml|
|Vanilla essence||1 tsp|
|For Cranberry Coulis|
|Cinnamon (powder)||½ tsp|
|Orange juice ( fresh)||250 ml|
|Orange zest||2 medium oranges|
Method of Preparation:
- Prepare all the ingredients
- Mix gelatin powder with 100ml of cold drinking water. Let it stand for 20-60 minutes (till it gets thick). It is very important to use good quality gelatin.
- Add cookies to a food processor and turn them into crumbs
- Prepare a springform for baking, remove the bottom part. Cut a large square of baking paper for the bottom. Cut a long piece of baking paper to cover the inner side of the springform (easy way is to put a roll inside to measure length, then roll it into a tube and cut in accordance with form height. It will be easier to take out the cake when the baking paper is there)
- Mix cookie crumbs with melted butter in a large bowl
- Place the crumbs into the springform and press it down to the bottom and sides of the form with a glass/cup with a flat bottom to form a crust for our cheesecake. After that place it in the refrigerator
- Place the gelatin into a small saucepan and bring it to a boil. Once it starts boiling, immediately remove it from heat and set aside to cool down (it is very important that you do not boil it)
- Now let’s prepare our mascarpone filling. Mix cream cheese, sour cream and 3 tbsp of whipping cream in a large bowl
- Place sugar and the remaining whipping cream (200ml) in a large bowl (or a bowl for a stand mixer)
- Whisk well until the cream becomes stiff
- Add mascarpone to the bowl and mix well. After that add gelatin (make sure it's already cool or room temperature) and mix well with a whisk (stand mixer or hand mixer)
- Take the crust out of the refrigerator
- Pour the filling into the crust. Make it even with a spoon or spatula. Place it in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours. The cake can be considered ready after 4 hours once the top of the filling becomes firm to touch
- Now let’s prepare cranberry coulis. Mix cranberries, sugar, cinnamon, orange zest and orange juice in a small saucepan.
- Mix well, bring to a boil and reduce to medium heat. Simmer on medium heat for 15 minutes without the lid, cranberries will start popping
- Remove from heat, puree with a stick blender
- Let it cool down, then refrigerate. Cranberry coulis can be prepared in advance, refrigerated. It can also be stored in a freezer
- Serve the cheesecake with coulis chilled. Enjoy!
Tip: The best way to cut the cake nicely is to use a hot knife (just hold the blade under the tap with hot water for a few seconds, then wipe it with a towel and use the knife immediately)
About the Contributor
Evgeny and Alisa Belousov
We both share a passion for cooking and especially enjoy cooking together. For us, it is more than just about food. It’s about sharing creative ideas, communicating and expressing ourselves through our culinary creations.
We believe that anyone can cook and this idea helped us start our culinary project – Delicious Artisanal Food. We hope to inspire other people, even those who never cooked before, to take the first step and begin this wonderful journey of cooking home-made delicious quality meals. The best food is the food made with love and by people we love.
At first, we learned from the internet and culinary books, we also took cooking classes whenever we travelled, discovering different food cultures and ingredients. But we thought that it was not enough and recently we joined ICCA Dubai to gain professional cooking skills and challenge ourselves.
To know more about delicious artisanal food project please visit: deliciousaf.net
Your Space, Our World
This is a global platform for you to showcase your best for the world to see, in what you love doing most, Cook!
To get featured, upload your favourite recipe on Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn and tag ICCA Dubai with the hashtags #iccadubai and #iccamorningpost.