An easy to make go-to recipe that helps turn eight different shaped impressive looking dinner rolls that could be simply savoured on their own or still better when tossed in butter garlic glaze!
|Flour||2 1/4 cup|
|Butter or Ghee (clarified butter)||2 tbsp|
|Instant yeast||1 tsp|
|Egg (Half for dough & half for brushing)||1|
|Luke warm milk to make the dough||1 cup approximately|
Method of Preparation:
- Mix sifted flour, ghee, salt, sugar,1/2 beaten egg and yeast mixture preferably in a food processor with dough attachment.You can also do this by hand.
- Slowly add in milk and mix to form dough. The dough should be sticky and out of control at this stage. Remember, we are aiming for softer dough to yield soft light rolls.
- Turn it on a floured surface and knead with palms of hands for 5 minutes until the dough is soft and smooth.
- Put the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and keep it covered in a warm place for an hour to rise.
- When the dough has doubled in size, punch it down, shape into dinner rolls, place them on a greased baking tray and let it rise again for 30 minutes covered in a warm place.
- Very lightly, brush with beaten egg.
About the Contributor
A Software Engineer turned Pastry Chef, Nadia, is a graduate in Professional Patisserie Program from ICCA Dubai with additional certifications in Cake Decoration, Artisan programs such as Chocolate & Bread making to enhance her skills and knowledge in the word of Baking and Patisserie.
Nadia, has a baking enterprise that she runs from home and has made over 1000 decorated cakes/cupcakes and dessert tables. She is also a food blogger as well as a You Tuber where she shares her recipes and conduct baking workshops. She has also been featured in Gulf News showcasing her culinary journey.
For more interesting recipes and updates follow Nadia Tariq at Bake Fresh and Nadia Tariq on YouTube.
Your Space, Our World
This is a global platform for you to showcase your best for the world to see, in what you love doing most, Cook!
To get featured, upload your favourite recipe on Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn and tag ICCA Dubai with the hashtags #iccadubai and #iccamorningpost.