A soft, airy and light sponge cake made with eggs is one of the best of classic cakes that could be served as a dessert with some whipped cream and fruits or just plain as a great treat.
|Whole Eggs||3 pcs|
|Egg Yolks||12 pcs|
|All-purpose flour||100 gm|
Method of Preparation
- Add the whole eggs, the egg yolks, salt and sugar in a big stand mixer bowl.
- Start at low power, 4, for 5 minutes.
- Increase to medium power, 6, for 10 minutes.
- Then increase again for a medium/higher power, 7, for another 10 minutes.
- After those 25 minutes of mixing, the mixtures at least 10x bigger in volume, then the mixture is ready for the flour.
- Slowly fold in the sifted flour with a soft spatula.
- After all the flour incorporated, bake it for 45/50 minutes in a 160ºC.
- The sponge is ready when it rises, is golden brown on top, and is extremely soft and fluffy.
An experienced cabin crew and a culinary arts graduate from ICCA Dubai, Juliana, loves travelling and working around food. She loves to cook and truly believes it is a blessing to be able to do that every day.
Follow @chefjulianadias for similar recipes and updates.
Your Space, Our World
This is a global platform for you to showcase your best for the world to see, in what you love doing most, Cook!
To get featured, upload your favourite recipe on Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn and tag ICCA Dubai with the hashtags #iccadubai and #iccamorningpost.