An interesting and beautiful fusion of the traditional Middle Eastern desserts Muhallabia and Baklava with the classic French Praline, for a smooth & nutty flavour dessert with that perfect crunch.
Serves: 9 Time: 25
|Phyllo dough||4 layers|
|Melted Butter||For brushing the dough|
|Light Sugar syrup||For drizzling|
Method of Preparation:
- In a pan, put sugar on medium heat without stirring until it becomes golden in colour, add 1 tbsp butter and then the hazelnuts.
- Carefully place the mixture on parchment paper.
- In a food processor, put the mixture ( keep some aside for garnish) and blend it until you get a creamy silky praliné. Set aside.
- Each layer of phyllo dough has to be brushed by melted butter before placing it over each other.
- Cut into squares you should get 9 squares.
- Place each square in a cupcake tin.
- Bake for 7 mins in a preheated oven at 170 degrees until it is golden and crispy.
- Brush the crispy baklava cups with light sugar syrup.
- In a saucepan, mix milk, corn starch, sugar with 3 tbs of praliné.
- Keep stirring until you reach creamy smooth mixture.
- Pour the praliné Muhallabia in each baklava cup and decorate with some hazelnut Croquant et Bon appétit.
About the Contributor
Coming from development background; serving refugees from Syria, Sudan, Iraq and others for 7 years, extending her work for 5 years to support marginalized groups including victims of trafficking and children at risk, Dina's childhood dream was urging her to make a new shift, hence, started food blogging
Dina's mission is to promote the Egyptian Cuisine, pay tributes to international, regional cuisines and develop new recipes. She also involved her development background into her newfound interest and started a challenge under the name of Revive your leftovers #احياء_بقايا_الطعام which received a great response.
In 2019, Dina decided to pursue an old dream which is going to a culinary school and transformed her passion into a career. She enrolled for the Professional Diploma Program -ICCA and became a certified chef.
Currently, Dina is working with different brands as a recipe developer and brand ambassador.
Your Space, Our World
This is a global platform for you to showcase your best for the world to see, in what you love doing most, Cook!
To get featured, upload your favourite recipe on Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn and tag ICCA Dubai with the hashtags #iccadubai and #iccamorningpost.