A marvelous and easy to make Thai steamed fish, that is sour, spicy, and well balanced in taste, that really portrays the contrast and excitement of flavors in Thai food.
1 whole (1 kg)
Red Thai Chili
Palm sugar/Brown sugar
|Sprigs of coriander||
Jasmine Rice/Sticky rice
Method of Preparation:
- Make sure your fish is scaled and gutted, and then score the fish with 3 diagonal incisions on each side of the fish.
- Cut off the top halves of the lemongrass, bruise, and stuff the lemongrass into the cavity of the fish.
- Steam the fish over high boiling water for about 10 - 15 minutes depending on the size of your fish.
- In a saucepan, heat the chicken stock until it comes to a boil, and then toss in the sugar, reduce heat, and boil until the sugar is completely dissolved. Pour the mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- Chop chilies, galangal, lemongrass, and mix into the chicken stock soup, along with fish sauce and lime juice. Stir gently and then taste test. Make sure it's sour and balanced with a hint of sweetness.
- When the fish is fully steamed, transfer it to a serving platter (with edges to keep in the soup), place the fish on the platter. Gently scoop on all the sauce over the fish, pouring on the top of the fish, and add coriander.
- Serve it with steamed rice.
About the Contributor
Reinventing White is a culinary Project founded by Chefs Aarnav Kumar and Bradley Raphael aimed at inspiring people to step into the kitchen and create marvelous plates of food, to not only impress their friends and loved ones but to show them that it really isn’t that hard to put out fine-dining quality food, provided you have the right ingredients and the knowledge.
With dishes varying from classics to fun twists all the way to fine dining plates, there’s a bit of something for everyone. So, welcome to the Reinventing White Family, we look forward to seeing you in the Kitchen.
Your Space, Our World
This is a global platform for you to showcase your best for the world to see, in what you love doing most, Cook!
To get featured, upload your favourite recipe on Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn and tag ICCA Dubai with the hashtags #iccadubai and #iccamorningpost.