Galettes are a pie-like pastry that even a novice home baker can execute to perfection.
This recipe features, galette made with cinnamon-scented apples atop of flaky and buttery crust, making it the perfect dessert for the winters.
|For the Dough|
|Flour||1 ½ cup|
|Icing sugar||¼ cup|
|For the Filling|
|Flour||1 ½ tbsp|
|Brown sugar||¼ cup|
|Lemon Juice||2 tsp|
Method of Preparation:
- Rub in butter, flour and icing sugar together till you get a sandy texture.
- Add the cold water and mix (don’t knead just try to combine the dough all together).
- Cover the dough with cling wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Roll the dough using a rolling pin and place it on a baking paper.
- For the filling; mix in apples, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon and sugar altogether.
- Place the apples in the dough and bend all sides for a nice result.
- Egg wash the sides and sprinkle so granulated sugar.
About the Contributor
Intissar El Soussi
A qualified professional chef and an upcoming Instagram Influencer who is passionate about inspiring food enthusiasts through her recipes.
Follow her on Instagram @chefintissar for more recipes and updates.
Your Space, Our World
This is a global platform for you to showcase your best for the world to see, in what you love doing most, Cook!
To get featured, upload your favourite recipe on Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn and tag ICCA Dubai with the hashtags #iccadubai and #iccamorningpost.