A popular Turkish kebab named after the city of Adana in Turkey, where it is said to have originated. This dish is traditionally made of minced lamb or beef mounted on a skewer and grilled over charcoal.
|Beef mince||500 gm|
|Garlic, minced||3-4 cloves|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 tbsp|
|Cumin, roasted & ground||2 tbsp|
|Coriander, roasted & ground||2 tbsp|
|Ground sumac||1 tbsp|
|Smoked paprika powder||1 tbsp|
|Salt and freshly ground black pepper||As required|
|Red chili flakes||As required|
|Clarified butter||2 tbsp|
|Freshly chopped parsley||As required|
Method of Preparation:
- Marinate the ground beef with all the above ingredients
- Knead the mixture by hand until all combined. Rest in the chiller overnight.
- Grease hands with oil and take equal portions of the mince to form balls and thread them onto the skewer, then shape and release onto a baking sheet.
- Grill the kebabs, on 180 degrees Celsius for approximately 12 minutes, until well charred on both sides.
- Serve the kebabs on warm pita or naan bread with sliced red onions, parsley, tomatoes, and diced cucumbers.
Chef Sabeen Fareed
An Innovative Patissier, certified and trained in hospitality, commercial cookery & patisserie. Her experience extends in the culinary realm, working with ICCA DUBAI for the past 5 years, whereby managing Executive lunch buffets, exotic high tea and Menu development are also to tag a few.
She owns a charismatic style and finesse in fine dining, and in the art of pastry making, designing and presentation. Certified in Gelato making, she is also well versed in Gelateria Management skills. Her proficiency and knowledge includes holding a Masters Certificate in Sugar crafting, working and incorporating that art and talent along with other techniques in pastry.
Has also been involved in culinary training and worked as a pastry chef instructor at the International Center for Culinary Arts Dubai, connecting with and coaching individuals sharing the same passion. She has also contributed her expertise in her culinary career in areas that includes menu planning, cost control and analysis, and staffing.