A rich English dessert made with bananas, toffee and whipped cream, making it a sinfully indulgent treat to enjoy with family.
Banoffee Pie: 23-25 mins Dulce de Leche: 3 hours
|Digestive biscuit, powdered||150 gm|
|Dulce de leche||400 gm|
|Melted butter||28 gm|
|Whipping cream||100 gm|
|Icing Sugar & Coffee powder||Optional|
Method of Preparation:
- Add the melted butter to the powdered biscuit and mix well.
- Once combined add it into the tart mould and shape it as per the mould. Smoothen it using a curved bowl or a curved glass.
- Bake it at 180 degree celsius for 5 minutes. Once baked, chill it in the freezer for about 5-8 minutes.
- Once chilled, add in the Dulce de leche and spread it evenly.
- Slice the bananas and arrange it on the Dulce de Leche.
- Whip the cream to soft peak consistency using the optional ingredients. Add the whipped cream on top of the arranged bananas.
- Top it off with chocolate shaving.
Preparation of Dulce de Leche:
- Add the condensed milk tin into a pot of simmering water. Place the tin sideways so that it does not float. There should always be 2-3 inches of water above the tin.
- Every 45 minutes add in boiling water to ensure there is always 2-3 inches of water above the tin. Keep in mind that the extra water you add in should be boiling hot to maintain the temperature. Also keep in mind that if you don’t maintain the water level, it will result in the tin to burst.
- Simmer the condensed milk for 3 hours. Once done, cool it down for 1 hour.
- Use it at room temperature.
About the Contributor
A creative B. Com graduate having immense passion for Pastry and Confectionery. Continuously contributing and love coming up with innovative creations!
Currently pursuing Advance Diploma in Pastry and Cookery.
Follow Ashwatha here
Your Space, Our World
This is a global platform for you to showcase your best for the world to see, in what you love doing most, Cook!
To get featured, upload your favourite recipe on Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn and tag ICCA Dubai with the hashtags #iccadubai and #iccamorningpost.