An elegant Italian starter served raw and cold with micro salad and parmesan shavings that keep the delicate thin fillets of the organic meat flavoured with fresh coriander seeds and Malt vinegar, making it an excellent fine dining standards plate to enjoy.
|Well trimmed Beef fillet||500 gm (125 per serving)|
|Baby Rocket & micro herbs||As required|
|Parmesan Shavings||For Garnishing|
|Balsamic Reduction||To drizzle|
|For Wasabi Paste|
|Wasabi powder||20 ml|
|Olive oil||5 ml|
|For the Marinade|
|Coriander seeds, toasted & crushed||10 g|
|Olive oil||20 ml|
|Rock salt||10 g|
|Black pepper, crushed||10 g|
|Brown or Malt Vinegar||20 ml|
Method of Preparation:
For the Carpaccio
- Prepare the marinade by mixing all the ingredients together for marination.
- Submerge the meat in the marinade and keep it in the chiller for at least an hour turning the meat every 30 minutes. The meat could also be left in the marinade overnight for intense flavor.
- Take out the meat from the chiller and cling wrap it with sufficient marinade on it and put in the freezer for a few minutes to firm up, making sure not to let the meat freeze.
- Slice up the firm meat into thin pieces and plate it with a drizzle of balsamic reduction and parmesan shavings.
- Serve it with baby rocket & micro salad and wasabi paste.
For the Wasabi Paste
- Mix the wasabi powder and olive oil to form a plate.
- Add more olive oil if required.
- Serve it with the Carpaccio.
Chef Adam Jonck
Chef Adam Jock started his culinary journey with the South African Military and gained rich experience over a period of time. Then he moved to Cape Town where he joined the Erinvale Estate Hotel as a Chef de Partie where he worked his way up through the ranks to Sous Chef and then moved to Devon Valley Estate Hotel as Junior Sous Chef under the renowned Austrian Chef Marcus Scrogenbegger.
With over 26 years of international experience, Chef Adam has worked under several international chefs and in renowned hospitality brands such as the Mount Nelson Hotel, Princess Cruises, and Nagata Game Safari Lodge amongst others. He is a City & Guilds London, Certified Hot & Cold Kitchen Chef Instructor at the ICCA Dubai, a member of the South African Chefs Associations and Worldchefs.