This extremely delicious yet simple dish with a succulent meaty flavour is truly an all-rounder that is made to please all the meat lovers out there. It can be served as an appetizer or a main course. I prefer to serve it on toasted slices of baguette, rubbed with some garlic and some pickles on a side to cut the richness of the marrow and reset the palate.
Several benefits of bone marrow:
- The most natural and efficient source of collagen. Great for joints and bones, speeds up recovery. Great for skin.
- Positive effect on the brain. Helps prevent many serious and dangerous conditions related to brain activity.
- Great source of energy
- Boosts immunity system
- Great source of vitamins, protein etc.
An important tip when making this dish is to soak the bone marrow in very salty water for 24-48 hours, changing the water every 12 hours. This step will help remove the impurities from the bone marrow.
|Beef bone marrow||
Sea salt & black pepper
Method of Preparation
- Soak the bone marrow in very salty water 24-48 hours, change the water every 12 hours (for this dish you need to plan in advance)
- Pat dry the soaked bone marrow with paper towels. Make sure they are completely dry. Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Season the bone marrow with salt and black pepper, sprinkle dried oregano and bread crumbs on top of the bone marrow, gently press these ingredients with your fingers. Layer the baking tray with baking paper, place the bone marrow on the baking tray
- Roast the bone marrow for 15 minutes at 200°C (do not roast longer than that or at a higher temperature, as the bone marrow will melt)
- Cut a few pieces of baguette bread (2-3 should be enough for 1 bone marrow)
- Spread unsalted butter on each side of the bread pieces and toast until golden brown on a skillet/griddle
- Take out the bone marrow and let it cool for a couple of minutes. Puncture the bone marrow with a wooden stick to see if it is cooked, there should be no resistance
- Cut garlic cloves in half, rub bread pieces with garlic
- Spread the bone marrow on bread pieces, sprinkle with dried oregano and serve with pickles on aside. Pickles will cut the richness of the marrow and reset the palate.
About the Contributor
Evgeny and Alisa Belousov
We both share a passion for cooking and especially enjoy cooking together. For us, it is more than just about food. It’s about sharing creative ideas, communicating and expressing ourselves through our culinary creations.
We believe that anyone can cook and this idea helped us start our culinary project – Delicious Artisanal Food. We hope to inspire other people, even those who never cooked before, to take the first step and begin this wonderful journey of cooking home-made delicious quality meals. The best food is the food made with love and by people we love.
At first, we learned from the internet and culinary books, we also took cooking classes whenever we travelled, discovering different food cultures and ingredients. But we thought that it was not enough and recently we joined ICCA Dubai to gain professional cooking skills and challenge ourselves.
To know more about delicious artisanal food project please visit: deliciousaf.net
Your Space, Our World
This is a global platform for you to showcase your best for the world to see, in what you love doing most, Cook!
To get featured, upload your favourite recipe on Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn and tag ICCA Dubai with the hashtags #iccadubai and #iccamorningpost.