An easy to do healthy, Gluten-free snack made of Broccoli, the vegetable wonder that is high in numerous nutrients including Fiber, Vitamin C & K, Iron, Potassium and also boasts of much more Protein than any other vegetable. Try this recipe and you will see everyone go for a second helping!
|Broccoli, shredded||2 cups|
|Onion, chopped||1/4 cup|
|Cilantro (Coriander leaves)||1/4 cup|
|Garlic, minced||1/2 tsp|
|Smoked or regular paprika||1/2 tsp|
|Bbq sauce||1 tbsp|
|Chickpea flour||3/4 cup|
Method of Preparation:
- Roast chickpea flour until golden brown.
- Process the broccoli florets, onion and cilantro in a processor.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix. Mix well to distribute. Let sit for a minute or 2 for the broccoli to leak enough moisture so you can form patties. If it is too wet, add more flour. If too dry and does not stick well, wait for another few mins or sprinkle some water and mix and press to see if the mixture sticks.
- Shape into 5 to 6 patties. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add a bit of oil and spread.
- Pan fry the patties for 4 to 5 minutes per side. Serve with sriracha, ketchup, bbq sauce, marinara or a cooling ranch.