An interesting take on Egg white omelette with sous vide cooking and served in a jar with cheese, turkey ham and green peas for that added flavour and nutrition for an energetic beginning to your day.
|Milk||¼ cup milk|
|Mozzarella cheese||30 g|
|Frozen green peas||25 g|
|Turkey ham||40 g|
|Black pepper||A pinch|
Method of Preparation
- Prepare all the ingredients
- Preheat Sous Vide to 78°C
- Cut turkey ham into small squares
- If you are using frozen peas, thaw them and remove excess moisture
- Whisk egg whites until frothy, add a pinch of salt
- Add milk, keep whisking for around 30 seconds
- Add cheese, ham and peas. Gently mix with a spatula
- Pour the mixture into a heat-proof jar
- Wipe the jar and seal. Do not seal too tightly; it is very important.
- Immerse the jar in Sous Vide water bath. If the jar floats, put something heavy on top of it
- Cook for 1 h 10 min – 1 h 20 min
- Take out the jar and let it cool down for around 10 minutes
- Decorate and serve hot
About the Contributor
We both share a passion for cooking and especially enjoy cooking together. For us, it is more than just about food. It’s about sharing creative ideas, communicating and expressing ourselves through our culinary creations.
We believe that anyone can cook and this idea helped us start our culinary project – Delicious Artisanal Food. We hope to inspire other people, even those who never cooked before, to take the first step and begin this wonderful journey of cooking home-made delicious quality meals. The best food is the food made with love and by people we love.
At first, we learned from the internet and culinary books, we also took cooking classes whenever we travelled, discovering different food cultures and ingredients. But we thought that it was not enough and recently we joined ICCA Dubai to gain professional cooking skills and challenge ourselves.
To know more about delicious artisanal food project please visit: deliciousaf.net
Your Space, Our World
This is a global platform for you to showcase your best for the world to see, in what you love doing most, Cook!
To get featured, upload your favourite recipe on Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn and tag ICCA Dubai with the hashtags #iccadubai and #iccamorningpost.