The Cheese Puff Balls make super easy appetizers, ever so full of the popular cheese flavour for the Ramadan season and make a great snack, for both the kids and adults alike.
|Butter, unsalted||45 gm|
|Milk, semi skimmed||60 gm|
|Maldon sea salt||1 pinch|
|Black pepper, freshly ground||3|
|Cheddar cheese||120 gm|
|Egg, for glazing||1|
|Spicy ketchup||for dipping|
Method of preparation:
- Place butter, water, milk, salt, black paper and grated nutmeg in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes or until butter has melted and mixture just comes to boil.
- Add all the flour to the butter mixture at once and use a wooden spoon to beat until well combined. Cook for a further 2 minutes then set aside for 5 minutes, to cool slightly.
- Add eggs one at a time to the flour mixture and mix till smooth.
Once all eggs have been added, fold into the mixture the cheddar cheese (only 100 g) and chives.
- Pop the mixture in a piping bag and pipe it on a tray covered with baking paper, egg wash dough and sprinkle remainder of grated cheddar cheese over the puffs.
- Bake in a preheated oven 200 c for 12-16 minutes.