An interesting recipe for quiche with an eggless tart base, filled with seasoned yogurt custard and the ever popular Chicken Tikka, baked right to a rich, creamy and crusty perfection.
|All purpose flour||125 gm|
|Cold water||30-45 ml|
|Paneer/Indian Cottage Cheese||50 gm|
|For Chicken Tikka|
|Chicken, boneless||200 gm|
|Garam Masala||1/2 tsp|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 tsp|
|Kashmir red chilli||1 1/2 tsp|
|Lemon juice||1 tsp|
|Gram flour||1/2 tsp|
Method of Preparation:
- Combine the flour and butter using a rub-in method. Add the remaining ingredients and quickly assemble into a dough and rest for 30 minutes.
- Blend the milk and paneer to a smooth blend and keep aside.
- Roll out the pastry in between cling films to a 2 mm thick sheet (large enough to completely cover the bottom of a 9 inch tart tin).
- Shape the mould evenly and cut out from the edges.
- Dock with a form to prevent the sheet from puffing up and chill for about 15 minutes.
- Blind bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 15 minutes.
For the chicken tikka:
- Mix all the marinade ingredients well.
- Add the chicken and marinate for about 2 hours.
- Grill at 260 C for 5-7 min and baste as required.
- Remove the pastry from the oven and rest for a while and add the grilled chicken tikka.
- Preheat an oven to 160°C. Place the pastry, pour in the custard and bake till the custard is set well (approximately 30 minutes)
- When set, remove the pastry from the mould, slice wedges and serve topped with a yoghurt quenelle and coriander sprig.