A delicious savoury snack that is so crunchy, cheesy and gorgeously golden bursting with the refreshing flavor of chives.
|All purpose flour||1 cup|
|Cold Butter||60 gm|
|Chopped chives||1 1/2 tbsp|
|Grated cheddar cheese||2 cups|
|Cold water||3-4 cups|
Method of Preparation:
- Mix flour, butter, salt, chopped chives and grated cheddar in a mixing bowl with paddle attachment till crumbly texture on low speed number 3.
- Start pouring the cold water slowly and mix to combine. Do not over mix.
- Roll the dough in between two cling wrap to 4-5 mm thick. and place in the freezer for 10 min.
- Take it out and cut into diamonds and place them back into the freezer for 10 min.
- Bake at 165*c for 20-30 min or till it browns.
Chef Vrushali Jadhav
Developing a strong affinity towards cooking at a very young age made Vrushali do her Bachelors’ in Hotel Management from IHM Goa, in order to pursue her passion to have a career in the world of culinary. Her dedication and commitment to excel have made her a name in the Culinary Fraternity in the UAE.
Vrushali’s Professional career started with the Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts, spotting immense talent in her which got her the opportunity to be a part of the pre-opening team at the prestigious Madinat Jumeirah Hotel in 2004. She has taken challenges and opportunities as they came, moving from Jumeirah Group to Dusit Thani and then to The Palace Down Town, where she worked as the Head Pastry Chef for over 7 years making the hotel a popular F&B offering in Dubai.
After years of industry experience, she embarked on the teaching path and joined ICCA Dubai to share her knowledge with the aspiring young chefs. Later on, she also became a certified Gelato Trainer by Carpigiani Gelato University, along with being a Patisserie Instructor at ICCA. In her journey as a Pastry Chef, she has travelled to Switzerland, Malaysia and Italy for work and training purposes with world-class master chefs.