A classic deviled eggs recipe with the added goodness of avocado, sweet potato and beetroot, making it a great wholesome appetizer.
|US Large Eggs||3 nos|
|Greek yoghurt plain||3 Tbsp|
|Veggie puree: Avocado, sweet potato, and beetroot||3 Tbsp each
|Salt and pepper||To taste|
Method of Preparation:
- Boil eggs either on the stove or Instant Pot. Place in ice water and let the eggs cool.
- Prepare the puree. Steam your vegetable until tender (sweet potato and beetroot). After cooked mash with a fork or use a food processor or blender.
- Set vegetables aside to cool. (You can, of course, cook a larger batch of whichever vegetable you choose and save it for another meal or recipe!)
- Peel the eggs and slice each in half lengthwise. Place the yolks into a bowl and the yoghurt, one variety of vegetable puree, salt, and paper, and mash with a fork to combine thoroughly. Taste and adjust the salt as needed.
- Spoon filling into a piping bag and add it inside the egg white. Place into the fridge until just before serving. When ready to serve.
- Sprinkle paprika for an added flare. Serve immediately.
About the Contributor
Essam Ali Al Bor
A marketing professional, food enthusiasts and currently, ICCA Dubai Professional Program Student.
Your Space, Our World
This is a global platform for you to showcase your best for the world to see, in what you love doing most, Cook!
To get featured, upload your favourite recipe on Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn and tag ICCA Dubai with the hashtags #iccadubai and #iccamorningpost.