Doughnut, a favourite of everyone is made and enjoyed in many flavours and glazes all over the world. Here, I am sharing a classic doughnut recipe glazed with Halawa Sauce, giving an Arabic touch to the popular English dessert making it a perfect treat for the season.
|Baking powder||20 gm|
|For Halawa Sauce|
Method of Preparation
- Mix all the dry ingredients together
- Add butter and milk
- Start to mix the dough until the the ingredients combine together
- Spread the dough as one layer
- Start to cut by 2 size of round cutter
- Let the dough to rest for 30 minutes
- Heat the oil and take the dough one by one and fry it until you get golden brown color.
- Strain the donuts from the oil and let it to cold
For Halawa Sauce
- Heat the milk and add Halawa tahenya to the hot milk
- Whisk the Halawa and milk until it melts
- Add flour slowly and keep whisking until you get the right consistency
- Let the sauce get warm
- Spread the sauce on top of the donuts and serve warm.
About the Contributor
Alumni, ICCA Scholarship Program, Class of 2017
Chef de Partie , Media One Hotel.
For more interesting recipes, visit Chef Ahmed's YouTube Channel.
Your Space, Our World
This is a global platform for you to showcase your best for the world to see, in what you love doing most, Cook!
To get featured, upload your favourite recipe on Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn and tag ICCA Dubai with the hashtags #iccadubai and #iccamorningpost.