A simple, quick and easy recipe for an awesome crunchy fried chicken that and onion rings, for a happy and hearty comfort meal, treat.
|White onions||2 pcs|
|For the flour mix|
|All-purpose flour||350 g|
|Corn starch||50 g|
|Baking soda||1 tsp|
|Garlic powder||1 tsp|
|White pepper||1 tsp|
|Chilli pepper||1 tsp|
|Onion powder||1 tsp|
|For the buttermilk mixture|
|Curry spice||1 tsp|
|Sea salt||As required|
|Japanese panko (for coating)||As required|
Method of Preparation
- Mix all the ingredients together to make the flour mixture for chicken and onions.
- Whisk all the ingredients together except for the eggs for the buttermilk mixture.
- Whisk the spices and eggs together and keep aside.
- Pound the chicken fillet to flatten a bit and cut the onions into rings.
- Coat the chicken fillet in the flour mixture and dip it in the buttermilk mixture and keep aside.
- Coat the prepared onion rings with the flour mixture and dip it in the egg mixture.
- Roll them in Japanese panko crumbs and deep fry at a temperature of 150-160 degrees for 7 minutes.
- Take out the chicken fillet from the buttermilk mixture, dip it in the egg mixture and roll it in Japanese panko.
- Deep fry the chicken at a temperature of 160 – 170 degrees for 7 minutes.
- Serve hot and crispy with your choice of dip.
About the Contributor
A cooking enthusiast, an aspiring chef and ICCA Professional Program Student.
Your Space, Our World
This is a global platform for you to showcase your best for the world to see, in what you love doing most, Cook!
To get featured, upload your favourite recipe on Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn and tag ICCA Dubai with the hashtags #iccadubai and #iccamorningpost.