An interesting variant of the popular Middle Eastern chickpea spread, where most or all of the chickpeas are left whole and tossed with the tahini sauce, instead of being puréed.
|Boiled Chickpeas||1 1/2 cups|
|Lebanese Bread||2 -3 pcs|
|Chickpea stock||As required|
|Olive oil||As required|
Method of Preparation:
- Cut the Lebanese bread into squares and place it on the bottom of the plate.
- Add some of the chick pea stock on the bread.
- Add a little bit of the chick peas on top of that.
- Add half a tea spoon of cumin on the chickpeas.
- In a blender add chickpea stock , squeezed lemon ,half a teaspoon of cumin , 1 cup of yogurt , 1 clove of garlic , tahini, and half a teaspoon of salt and blend it together.
- And pour the mixture over the plate that has the bread chickpea stock and chickpeas.
- To garnish add some fried nut like almonds and pinenuts.
- And finally drizzle some olive oil and serve.
About the Contributor
Ayesha Al Obeidli
The youngest Emirati chef Ayesha, crowned as the winner of the KidZania Dubai 2018 Mini Chef is a child prodigy in the world of culinary.
Her passion for cooking was discovered at the age of 4 years old, when she used to pull a chair and stand on it to watch her mother cook.
After she winning the "Youngest Emirati Chef" title she got sponsored by ICCA Dubai to get a formal culinary training and get her first diploma.
Aysha’s big dreams involve competing in the International Cooking Olympics, to become a culinary entrepreneur as well as publishing her first cook book .
Your Space, Our World
This is a global platform for you to showcase your best for the world to see, in what you love doing most, Cook!
To get featured, upload your favourite recipe on Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn and tag ICCA Dubai with the hashtags #iccadubai and #iccamorningpost.