The traditional Tea beverage that owes its beginnings to the Indian Subcontinent and currently the most popular of hot beverage drinks in the Middle East.
Although served hot, here is a cold and refreshing version of the Chai Karak flavoured with Rose, making it perfect for the season.
|Black tea leaves||3 tsp|
|Rose petals, dried||1/2 tsp|
|Cardamom, crushed||2 pods|
|Cinnamon stick||1 inch|
|Evaporated milk||1/2 cup or as required|
Method of Preparation
- Place water in a saucepan and add tea leaves, saffron, cinnamon stick, crushed cardamom seeds, and rose petals and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add evaporated milk and sugar as desired and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir and allow to stand for a few minutes.
- Strain and serve hot or cold with ice cubes.