Pasta is one of those Italian delicacies that all of us love to have. However, when you are on a diet and that too Keto diet pasta or any kind of carbs are off the table. Main ingredient being flour, pasta is a total no-no for the ones following Ketogenic diet. Fret not! You can still enjoy your pasta with your favourite sauce and add ons, by simply introducing zucchini pasta into your diet.
Zucchini is a Keto approved vegetable, packed with nutrients. The noodles or spaghetti made out of them are flavourful and adapt beautifully to other flavours they are paired with. Hence, it’s the best choice of vegetable to make carb-free noodle and pasta dishes that are not only healthy but filling as well.
In this recipe we have three main elements, such as the Zucchini Spaghetti, Pistachio Pesto and Zaatar Shrimp; when put together gives an explosion of flavours in your mouth. The recipe also calls for some fresh blends of Mediterranean herbs and Parmesan cheese making the dish refreshingly delightful. Once the prep is done you will have a gourmet quality meal ready in less than 15 minutes!
Nutritional Value of Ingredients
- Zucchini is an amazing low carb option to traditional pasta. It’s a good source of fiber and is packed with Vitamin A, B and C.
- Shrimp has an impressive nutrition profile. It’s high in fat and protein, and is a great source of the essential fatty acids such as the Omega-3 and Omega- 6. Shrimps from the sea provide a good dose of iodine as well, an important mineral many people are deficient in.
- Pistachios are loaded with nutrients. They are high in antioxidants, protein and Vitamin B6. They are also high in fiber promoting healthy gut bacteria.
- Parmesan cheese is a carb and lactose free variety of cheese that is loaded with protein, good fats, vitamins, minerals, calcium, phosphorus, zinc and copper.
- Mediterranean herbs and spices are not only flavour enhancers but are a huge hub of antioxidants, minerals and vitamins.
The combination of zucchini spaghetti in garlic butter, zaatar shrimps and roasted pistachio pesto, delicately dressed with a drizzle of olive oil, Mediterranean herbs and Parmesan cheese make this recipe a fancy lunch or dinner option for people who are on Keto diet or even for the ones who wants to try something refreshingly healthy and gourmet.
Number of Servings - 2
Preparation Time - 20 minutes
Cooking Time - 15 minutes
|Garlic minced||2 cloves|
|Lemon Juice||1 tbsp|
|For Sauteing the Shrimp|
|Marinated Shrimps||200 g|
|Fresh Parsley, finely chopped||2 tbsp|
|For the Roasted Pistachio Pesto|
|Roasted Pistachio||50 g|
|Parmesan cheese||30 g|
|Fresh Basil||1/2 cup|
|For the Zoodles|
|Zucchini Spaghetti||400 g|
|Onions, thinly sliced||1|
|Olive Oil||2 tbsp plus more for drizzling|
|Salt & Pepper||To Taste|
|Pistachio Pesto||1-2 tbsp|
|Roasted Pistachio Nuts||1 tbsp|
|Parmesan cheese||2 tbsp|
|Fresh Parsley, finely chopped||2 tbsp|
- For the shrimp Marinade - Add the shrimp and all the marinade ingredients in the bowl and mix. Set aside in the chiller for 15 minutes.
- For the pesto – Blend all the ingredients together till smooth.
- For Sauteing the shrimp – Add butter in the saucepan and heat. Add in the marinated shrimps and saute. Cook till 2-3 minutes or till done.
- Top with fresh parsley. Serve on top of the Zoodles.
- For the Zoodles – Heat Olive oil in the pan, Add in the onions and saute till soft and translucent . Add in the Zucchini spaghetti, and pistachio pesto and toss. Adjust seasoning.
- For the Assembly – Plate the Zucchini spaghetti topped with garlic shrimps. Drizzle olive oil on top, with some fresh parsley, roasted pistachio and Parmesan shavings.
Chef Sabeen Fareed
An Innovative Patissier, certified and trained in hospitality, commercial cookery & patisserie. Her experience extends in the culinary realm, working with ICCA DUBAI for the past 5 years, whereby managing Executive lunch buffets, exotic high tea and Menu development are also to tag a few.
She owns a charismatic style and finesse in fine dining, and in the art of pastry making, designing and presentation. Certified in Gelato making, she is also well versed in Gelateria Management skills. Her proficiency and knowledge includes holding a Masters Certificate in Sugar crafting, working and incorporating that art and talent along with other techniques in pastry.
Has also been involved in culinary training and worked as a pastry chef instructor at the International Center for Culinary Arts Dubai, connecting with and coaching individuals sharing the same passion. She has also contributed her expertise in her culinary career in areas that includes menu planning, cost control and analysis, and staffing.