On Keto diet, and miss your desserts? What if we tell you that you can have some cheesecake even when you’re following a Ketogenic diet? Yes, you heard that right! The keto version of cheesecake is easier to make than you think, and it doesn’t need a lot of ingredient substitutes as well to make it keto friendly.
The rich and comforting creaminess of a Cheesecake makes it an ideal keto-friendly dessert if you make it sugar and gluten-free. Whether you serve it plain, just like the classic New York Cheesecake, or dress it up with berries & cream, either way, there are plenty of takers for a cheesecake.
The Keto Cheesecake recipe that we are discussing here has a Mediterranean touch to it with a hint of heavenly aromatic saffron giving it a beautiful colour and flavour. It also has a bunch of healthy ingredients & fats such as almond flour, coconut flour, sour cream, cream cheese and a plant-based sugar substitute making it a perfect Keto friendly dessert.
Nutritional Value of Ingredients
- Cream cheese is about 34% fat and 6% protein making it ideal for keto diet followers. Hence if you’re craving for some dessert while on keto diet, you know which one to go for.
- Sour cream is a fermented dairy product that is high in healthy fats and loaded with vitamins and minerals.
- Almond is high in healthy calories and fats that your body needs. Also, almond as whole or as flour will take care of your 35% of Vitamin E, 20% magnesium and 6% of both iron and calcium requirements for a day.
- Coconut flour made of dried coconuts is rich in fiber and MCT’s
Number of Servings: 6
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 60 minutes
|For the Crust|
|Almond Flour||200 gm|
|Coconut Flour||40 gm|
|Baking Powder||1 tsp|
|Erythritol (Sweetener)||2 tbsp|
|For the cream cheese mixture|
|Cream Cheese||480 gm|
|Erythritol (Sweetener)||50 gm|
|Lemon Zest||5 gm|
|Vanilla Essence||5 gm|
|All purpose flour||20 gm|
|Whole eggs||100 gm|
|Egg yolk||20 gm|
|Sour cream||50 gm|
|Whipped Cream||As Required|
|Fresh Fruits||As Required|
|Gold foil leaf||As Required|
For the Crust
- Grease and line the cake tin and keep aside.
- Mix the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, erythritol and salt together until well combined.
- Cut the cold butter into small chunks, and add it to the flour mixture.
- Press and mix the butter into the dry ingredients by using two forks or fingers until everything is well combined.
- Press down the crust mixture into the bottom and sides of the tin and bake for 15 minutes at 160 degrees.
For the Cream Cheese Mixture
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust.
- Cover the cake tin with parchment paper and aluminium foil.
- Bake the cheesecake in a bain marie at 140 degrees for 45 minutes.
Chef Sally Handoko
Sally Handoko is a popular name in the Dubai culinary industry. She started her career in the Four Seasons in Indonesia and edged into the pastry kitchen. From a very young age itself, Sally was fond of baking cakes and it was only natural for her to choose baking overcooking. Her passion for learning more and her love for world-class patisserie led her ways to Dubai after working in Indonesia for a few years.
In Dubai, Sally worked with JW Marriot, Fairmont and The Conrad before her current position with ICCA Dubai as a Pastry Chef Instructor. She left the kitchen at the peak of her career as an Executive Pastry Chef to pursue her long term interest in teaching. Despite her successful position in the kitchen hierarchy, Sally always wanted to develop her career as a culinary instructor so that she could share knowledge and inspire the next round of professionals in the field.