A decadent milk cake recipe showcasing a beautiful amalgamation of two classic desserts Tres Leches Cake presented in Baked Alaska style with saffron infused milk.
|Pound cake||100 gm|
|For Saffron Milk|
|Condensed Milk||40 gm|
|Saffron syrup||20 gm|
|Cardamom powder||3 gm|
|For Saffron Syrup|
|Egg white||30 gm|
|Castor sugar||15 gm|
|Powdered Cardamom sugar||10 gm|
Method of Preparation:
- Pound cake 100g , Trim to a nice even sized square shape.
- Make a syrup by boiling water , mix in sugar and saffron reduce by 60% of syrup.
- Boil Milk with cardamom , Mix in condensed milk and saffron syrup . Reduce to 60% and allow to cool down .
- Slightly pierce down the cake allow the syrup and milk to absorb down and spoon saffron syrup and saffron milk on top. Pouring saffron syrup need to be repeated .
- For Meringue Beat castor sugar and egg white . ideally 1 egg gives 30g egg white.
- Once it start forming froth add in powdered cardamom sugar while beating continuously.
- Beat till the egg white mix form a stiff peak .
- Soak cake with more saffron milk.
- Spoon meringue on top of the cake.
- Run the pallet knife around the cake to give a smooth finish.
- For flambé you may use any drinking spirit(optional) - Heat a small ladle pour whisky what we used. Once the ladle is hot enough it gets fire immediately or use lighter. Pour on top of the meringue the fire will be on till the alcohol is burned up . That will be just enough to brown the Meringue.
With two decades of Kitchen Management in high-end 5-star luxury hotels and Michelin restaurants, Bobby is currently serving the role of Director for Fine Dining Indian Ltd – Magazine and Restaurant Consultancy Firm in India.
As a Food Consultant, he helps Indian food business Succeed in their vision and make a profit with minimal overhead, operational, and food cost, achieving this by smart Menu, Kitchen, and Equipment planning.
Bobby has also served in several prestigious positions including being the Corporate Executive Chef for Asha’s Restaurants International of 20 restaurants’ in 6 countries and has also trained at two Michelin star restaurants Noma, Dinner by Heston, Le manoir By Raymond Blanc.