Mirza Ghasemi is a flavourful Persian eggplant and tomato dish, named after its creator Mohammed Ghasem Khan, the former ruler of Rasht and Iranian ambassador in Russia during the Qajar dynasty. This eggplant with saffron rice recipe is super easy to make and is a sure shot crowd pleaser.
|Salt & pepper||As required|
|Veg Oil||As required|
|Tomato paste||1 tsp|
|For Saffron Rice:|
|Veg Oil||1 tbsp|
Method of Preparation:
- Roast eggplants and chop them finely.
- Blanch tomatoes and chop finely.
- Sauté garlic with turmeric powder in veg oil.
- Add eggplants and sauté.
- Add tomatoes and continue to sauté.
- Add tomato paste.
- Seasoning with salt and pepper and keep it on middle fire for ten minutes.
- Fry an egg and mix with your ingredients.
- Fry the other egg separately for your top of the dish.
For Saffron Rice
- Cook the rice and mix it with saffron.
- Serve your main dish with saffron rice.
About the Contributor
Food enthusiast, Certified Professional Chef and ICCA Alumni.
Your Space, Our World
This is a global platform for you to showcase your best for the world to see, in what you love doing most, Cook!
To get featured, upload your favourite recipe on Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn and tag ICCA Dubai with the hashtags #iccadubai and #iccamorningpost.