Moti Pulao is a fragrant rice preparation served with meatball pearls made with chicken, mutton or vegetables. In this recipe, long-grain rice is cooked in traditional Indian spices and ghee or clarified butter and topped with chicken meatballs wrapped in edible silver dust.
|Chicken mince||200 gm|
|Green peas||100 gm|
|Green cardamom||4-5 pcs|
|Cumin seeds||1 tbsp|
|Bay leaves||2 pcs|
|Chicken stock||400 ml|
|Long grain rice||200 gm|
|Ginger & garlic paste||2 tbsp|
|Garam masala powder||2 tsp|
|Green chillies||2 sliced|
|Coriander fresh, chopped||2 tbsp|
|Fresh mint, chopped||2 tbsp|
|Fried onion||As required|
Method of Preparation
- Heat ghee in a deep pan, add cumin seeds, cloves, green cardamoms and bay leaves and sauté for one minute. Add sliced onion and sauté until it brown.
- Add ginger and garlic paste cook it. Add 1 tsp garam masala powder, soaked rice and mix it well.
- Add 400 ml chicken stock salt, green peas mix well. Cover it and let it cook until the rice is done.
- Grind chicken mince with ginger and garlic paste, green chillies, coriander leaves, mint leaves, garam masala powder, salt and fried onion. Grind it well into a fine paste.
- Make small balls of minced and deep fry it, until golden brown.
- Add meatballs in rice and cook it for two minutes.
- Before serving removed 4 to 5 cooked meatballs from rice. Dust it with powdered silver. Placed them on plated pulao and add some fried onion.
About the Contributor
Assistant Chef Instructor, ICCA Dubai, and a serious food enthusiast.
Social Media - @breakfastwalla
Your Space, Our World
This is a global platform for you to showcase your best for the world to see, in what you love doing most, Cook!
To get featured, upload your favourite recipe on Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn and tag ICCA Dubai with the hashtags #iccadubai and #iccamorningpost.