A Palestinian Arab delicacy, popularly known as Sumac Chicken Rolls that are made of pan-roasted chicken with caramelized onions flavoured with Sumac and wrapped in Saj bread, baked to a crispy perfection.
|Chicken breast (free range)||200 g|
|Red onion (finally sliced)||2 medium size|
|Saj bread||2 round slices|
|Pine nuts (toasted)||2 tbsp|
|Olive oil||6 tbsp|
Method of Preparation:
- Sweat the sliced onions with 4 tbsp of olive oil until soft and season it, take it off heat then sprinkle sumac and set aside.
- Cut the chicken breast into slices and sauté in a pan with 2 tbsp of olive oil and season it, once cooked set aside.
- Cut each slice of the bread into 8 triangle slices.
- Fill each bread slice with an equal amount of chicken, onion mixture and 4/5 pine nuts then roll it and use wooden sticks/toothpicks to keep it closed.
- Place the rolls on a non stick tray then put in your preheated oven 180 C and cook until crispy for about 15 minutes.NB: You can remove the pine nuts if you are allergic.