A fragrant, moist and fluffy Orange cake made with freshly squeezed orange juice and citrus zest perfect accompaniment for your evening tea. Try it, you will love it!
|Baking powder||3 tsp|
|White vinegar||¼ tsp|
|Orange & Lemon zest||1 tsp|
|Sugar||1 ½ cup|
|Orange juice||1 cup|
Method of Preparation
- In a bowl add the dry ingredients together (flour + salt + baking powder) and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl mix in the egg, vanilla, vinegar & orange and lemon zest and set aside.
- Whisk in the egg mixture and sugar till they incorporate well.
- Add the oil gradually.
- Now add the dry ingredients gradually, alternating it with the orange juice. Please do not overmix the batter and mix only until everything is well combined.
- Pour the batter into a cake tin brushed with butter and dusted with flour and bake it at 180 degrees for 25-30 mins.
- Serve the cake with lemon glaze (1 cup of icing sugar + 2 tablespoons lemon juice) & garnish with blueberries.
About the Contributor
Intissar El Soussi
A qualified professional chef and an upcoming Instagram Influencer who is passionate about inspiring food enthusiasts through her recipes.
Follow her on Instagram @chefintissar for more recipes and updates.
Your Space, Our World
This is a global platform for you to showcase your best for the world to see, in what you love doing most, Cook!
To get featured, upload your favourite recipe on Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn and tag ICCA Dubai with the hashtags #iccadubai and #iccamorningpost.