An interesting Pannacotta and Victoria Sponge Cake dessert presentation, replicating the classic egg and toast breakfast, adding some fun and with creativity.
|For Egg Yolk|
|Mango puree||150 gm|
|Gelatin Sheet||1 sheet|
|Egg white base|
|Fresh cream||64 gm|
|Gelatin sheet||2 sheets|
|Vanilla essence||2 drops|
|Victoria Pound cake as a bread loaf|
|Caster Sugar||115 gm|
|Vanilla essence||1 tsp|
Method of Preparation:
For the Egg Yolk:
- Heat the mango puree and sugar together on a bain-marie.
- In the meantime, put the gelatin sheet in water and drop two ice cubes and let it bloom.
- Once the mixture has melted and the gelatin has bloomed, add it to the mixture and give it a good stir.
- Gelatin dies at the temperature of 65 degrees and above so make sure the mixture is hot but not boiling.
- Pour it in the mould once done.
- Put it in the blast freezer for 15-20 minutes.
For the Egg White:
- Add milk, cream and sugar in a saucepan and bring them to a boil.
- In the meantime bring the gelatin to bloom as explained above.
- Once the mixture is hot and the gelatin has bloomed, then add it in and give it a good stir.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Take a 9cm cookie cutter and wrap the bottom with cling film. Pour the mixture into this till you
have reached the desired height for your egg white part.
- Then take out the moulds from the blast freezer and very carefully add the mango puree egg yolk in the middle (Be careful to do this properly and that the vanilla part does not spill on the egg yolk).
- Then put it in the blast freezer for 15minutes again. After that, your sunny side egg will be
ready to serve.
For Victoria Pound Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 160-degree centigrade and line a loaf pan cake tin 12X7X3cm with butter and baking paper on the side and bottom.
- Sift the flour and baking powder and keep it separate.
- Cream butter and sugar until it is soft and fluffy and then add the vanilla and beaten egg little by little until smooth.
- Add all the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture and keep alternating it with milk.
- Mix well and fold all components until it all combines properly.
- Pour it in the loaf cake pan and bake it for 15-20 minutes at 160 degrees centigrade.
- The cake will rise nicely because of the eggs and once you take it out, it will take the shape of a loaf of bread. Then you are ready to serve it alongside your sunny side up Panna Cotta.
About the Contributor
Professional Pastry Chef and ICCA Alumni.
Your Space, Our World
This is a global platform for you to showcase your best for the world to see, in what you love doing most, Cook!
To get featured, upload your favourite recipe on Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn and tag ICCA Dubai with the hashtags #iccadubai and #iccamorningpost.