A simple and delicate Almond cake with a feuilletine crunch and fresh tartness of raspberry filling along with white chocolate mousse is a sure winner that everyone will fall in love with!
|Egg white||150 gm|
|Icing sugar||75 gm|
|Brown sugar||25 gm|
|Almond powder||125 gm|
|Caster sugar||125 gm|
|For Feuilletine crunch|
|White chocolate||100 gm|
|For Raspberry Jelly|
|Raspberry puree||250 gm|
|For White Chocolate Mousse|
|White chocolate||500 gm|
|Whipped cream||500 gm|
|For White chocolate glaze|
|Condensed milk||225 gm|
|Food colour||As required|
Method of Preparation
For the sponge
- First, whisk the egg white with brown sugar and icing sugar until u get the stiff peak meringue.
- Mix flour, almond powder and caster sugar and fold with the meringue then bake it in 180°c 12- 15 minutes.
For feuilletine crunch
- Melt the butter and white chocolate then mix with fuiellentine.
For the raspberry jelly
- Cook raspberry and glucose until it boils.
- Mix sugar and pectin then start adding pectin and sugar by whisking continuously.
For the white chocolate glaze
- Soak the gelatin in ice water.
- Cook glucose, water and sugar.
- Add into chocolate and gelatin then mix it properly.
- Add colour.
For the white chocolate mousse
- Soak the gelatine in ice water to bloom it.
- Cook milk until it becomes warm then mix with the chocolate.
- Melt the gelatine with the chocolate.
- Whip the cream then once the chocolate mixture becomes cool fold into the whipped cream.
- Take the sponge and add feuilletine crunch spreading it evenly.
- After that keep it in the fridge to set it then cut into desire shape. Take a mould for a cake and pipe a little mousse into it and add sponge with crunch over it.
- Add again mousse then add raspberry jelly, and add mousse.
- Keep it again in the fridge for setting.
- After removing from the freezer coat with the glaze and keep again in the fridge to set it.
- Remove from freezer and use it.
About the Contributor
ICCA Scholarship Program, Baking & Patisserie Class of 2020
Commis 2, Etihad Airways
Your Space, Our World
This is a global platform for you to showcase your best for the world to see, in what you love doing most, Cook!
To get featured, upload your favourite recipe on Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn and tag ICCA Dubai with the hashtags #iccadubai and #iccamorningpost.