Balaleet is a sweet and savory dish, made of sweet vermicelli topped with savoury eggs, a traditional breakfast in the UAE. It is eaten either hot or cold, and is also a very popular Eid Delicacy with the locals.
|For the Noodles|
|Rose colour||As Required|
|Rose syrup||2 tbsp|
|For the milk sauce|
|Evaporated milk||100 ml|
|Unsalted butter||25 gm|
|Sweetened condensed milk||4 tbsp|
|For egg crepes|
|Oil||For making the crepes|
|Cream chunks||2 tbsp|
|Ricotta Cheese||2 tbsp|
|Crisp Vermicelli||As required|
|Chopped mixed nuts||As required|
Method of Preparation:
- In a pan, boil the vermicelli noodles for 3-4 minutes or till done. Remove in a bowl and add in the rose syrup and mix and reserve.
- In a saucepan, heat the evaporated milk and butter, add in the cardamom and saffron, and mix in the condensed milk.
- Pour this sauce on top of the vermicelli and set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons vegetable oil in a separate pan. Add the beaten eggs with Saffron. Tip the pan in order to spread the uncooked egg into a thin crepe. When dry on top, flip the omelet over and cook for an additional minute.
- Serve the vermicelli with Omelet, cream chunks, cottage cheese, crisp vermicelli, and chopped nuts.
Chef Sabeen Fareed
An Innovative Patissier, certified and trained in hospitality, commercial cookery & patisserie. Her experience extends in the culinary realm, working with ICCA DUBAI for the past 5 years, whereby managing Executive lunch buffets, exotic high tea and Menu development are also to tag a few.
She owns a charismatic style and finesse in fine dining, and in the art of pastry making, designing and presentation. Certified in Gelato making, she is also well versed in Gelateria Management skills. Her proficiency and knowledge includes holding a Masters Certificate in Sugar crafting, working and incorporating that art and talent along with other techniques in pastry.
Has also been involved in culinary training and worked as a pastry chef instructor at the International Center for Culinary Arts Dubai, connecting with and coaching individuals sharing the same passion. She has also contributed her expertise in her culinary career in areas that includes menu planning, cost control and analysis, and staffing.