Slovak Dobos torte is a decadent traditional Slovian cake, with light & thin layers of cookie dough and chocolate custard cream, and topped with chocolate ganache and whipped cream.
|For 6 Layers Cookie Dough|
|All purpose flour||325 gm|
|Icing sugar||150 gm|
|Baking powder||18 gm|
|For Chocolate Cream|
|Caster Sugar||1 tbsp|
|Caster Sugar||100 gm|
|Cocoa powder||25 gm|
|For Chocolate Ganache|
|Milk/Dark Chocolate||250 gm|
Method of Preparation:
For the cookie dough cake
- Mix all ingredients together and divide for 6 equal parts.
- Roll each part to 2 mm thick and
- bake them for 6 mins on 160 degrees
For the Chocolate cream
- Mix milk, caster sugar, egg yolks and cornstarch together.
- Cook it till the cream thickens and let it cool down.
- Once cold whip it in a separate bowl
- Mix the whipped custard cream together with the cocoa and butter mixture and spread evenly on each layer.
For Chocolate ganache
- Melt the chocolate and add cream.
- Pour over the cake and let it chill overnight in the chiller.
- Decorate with some whipped cream and chocolate garnishes and serve.