Nothing beats a classic double chocolate cookie loaded with cocoa and both milk & dark chocolate, making this fudgy on the inside and slightly crunchy on the outside, an absolute delight.
Preparation Time: 10 mins Bake Time: 8 to 9 mins Total Time: 20-22 minutes
|Powdered sugar||250 gm|
|Baking soda||3 gm|
|Cocoa powder||60 gm|
|All purpose flour||125 gm|
|Milk Compound Chocolate||180 gm|
|Vanilla essence||1 gm|
|Unsalted butter||110 gm|
|Dark Compound Chocolate||120 gm|
Method of Preparation:
- In a bowl add in the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking soda & salt), combine well using a whisk and set aside.
- Using a bain-marie (double boiler) melt the dark compound chocolate and butter.
- On a different bowl add in the powdered sugar, eggs and vanilla essence. Whip it until fluffy and doubled in volume.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture into the whipped egg mixture and combine well.
- Once combined add in the dry ingredients & milk compound chocolate and gently fold it in. Set it in the chiller for about 5-10 mins until the batter is firm.
- Pre-heat the oven at 165 degree celsius for 10 mins. Shape the cookie dough and place it on a greased tray or parchment. Bake it at 165 degree celsius for 8-9 mins. Cool it down on the hot tray for 5 mins and gently remove it using pallet knife.
Note: Shelf life - 3 to 4 days in an air right container.
About the Contributor
A creative B. Com graduate having immense passion for Pastry and Confectionery. Continuously contributing and love coming up with innovative creations!
Currently pursuing Advance Diploma in Pastry and Cookery.
Follow Ashwatha here
Your Space, Our World
This is a global platform for you to showcase your best for the world to see, in what you love doing most, Cook!
To get featured, upload your favourite recipe on Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn and tag ICCA Dubai with the hashtags #iccadubai and #iccamorningpost.