A traditional North Kerala dessert made of egg yolks and sugar which look like yellow threads or noodles and can be savoured as it is or used as a garnish on puddings or cakes.
|Sugar||1 ½ cups|
|Water||1 ½ cups|
|Milk powder||1 tbsp|
|Vanilla extract||½ tsp|
|Cardamom powder||½ tsp|
Method of Preparation:
- Separate egg yolk and egg white and keep aside.
- Prepare the sugar syrup.
- Add the egg yolk in a squeezer and squeeze out into the sugar syrup as shown in the video.
- Steam cook egg white mixture like cake.
- Present base as egg white cake and threaded egg on top.
- Garnish with pomegranate.
About the Contributor
An ardent food lover, certified professional chef and ICCA alumna.
Follow @chef_HamisaSoonam and Hamisa Soonam Siddeeq on Facebook for more recipes and updates.
Your Space, Our World
This is a global platform for you to showcase your best for the world to see, in what you love doing most, Cook!
To get featured, upload your favourite recipe on Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn and tag ICCA Dubai with the hashtags #iccadubai and #iccamorningpost.