The easy to make Peach Cobbler is a perfect dessert for the summer, It brings out the relishing flavors of summer with the fresh peaches cooked in butter & spices, and is served with refreshing French Vanilla Ice cream.
|Fresh Peach slices||4 cups|
|All purpose flour||1 cup|
|Sugar, divided in half||1 cup|
|Castor sugar||1/4 cup|
|Baking powder||1 tsp|
|Brown sugar||1/2 cup|
|Butter, unsalted||1 cup|
|Boiling water||1/2 cup|
|Lemon juice||1 tbsp|
|French Vanilla Ice Cream||As required|
Method of Preparation:
- Combine peach slices with brown sugar, sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg, cinnamon, lemon juice and bake it for 10 minutes at 100 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder, butter, sugar and boiling water together to form a thick batter.
- Spoon the prepared batter on to the baked peaches and dust it with cinnamon sugar (cinnamon & caster sugar mixed).
- Bake it at 180 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve the cobbler warm with a scoop of french vanilla ice cream.