A gorgeous cheesy pull apart loaf bursting with the flavours of butter, garlic and herbs, made from scratch dough making it a perfect addition to any party, gathering or a meal.
|Crusty Loaf (Preferably sourdough)||1|
|Mozzarella cheese, shredded||1 cup|
|For Garlic Butter|
|Unsalted butter, softened||100 gm|
|Garlic cloves||2 large|
|Fresh parsley||1 tbsp|
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Combine butter, garlic and salt in a heatproof bowl and melt in the microwave. Stir through parsley.
- Cut the bread on a diagonal into 2 cm/1" diamonds but do not cut all the way through the bread.
- Use your fingers or a knife to pry open each crack and drizzle in a teaspoon of butter and stuff in a pinch of cheese.
- Brush surface with remaining butter.
- Wrap with foil and bake for 20 minutes until the cheese has mostly melted, then unwrap and bake for 5 - 10 minutes more to make the bread nice and crusty.
- Serve immediately.
Chef Sally Handoko
Sally Handoko is a popular name in the Dubai culinary industry. She started her career in the Four Seasons in Indonesia and edged into the pastry kitchen. From a very young age itself, Sally was fond of baking cakes and it was only natural for her to choose baking overcooking. Her passion for learning more and her love for world-class patisserie led her ways to Dubai after working in Indonesia for a few years.
In Dubai, Sally worked with JW Marriot, Fairmont and The Conrad before her current position with ICCA Dubai as a Pastry Chef Instructor. She left the kitchen at the peak of her career as an Executive Pastry Chef to pursue her long term interest in teaching. Despite her successful position in the kitchen hierarchy, Sally always wanted to develop her career as a culinary instructor so that she could share knowledge and inspire the next round of professionals in the field.