Umm Ali is a traditional Arabic pastry dessert originated in Egypt. It is prepared with puff pastry pieces soaked and mixed with milk, cream, nuts & raisins and baked until golden brown.
|Croissants, plain||5 pcs|
|Condensed Milk||1 can|
|Almond flakes||2 tbsp|
|Whipping cream||200 ml|
|Pistachio, chopped finely||1 tbsp|
|Rose petals, dried||2 tbsp|
|Walnut halves||10 pcs|
Method of Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 160° C.
- Spread almond flakes on a baking tray and toast in the oven until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- Cut croissants into thick slices and arrange in an ovenproof baking dish.
- Pour milk, condensed milk, and cream in a saucepan, bring to a boil and pour over the croissant slices.
- Sprinkle toasted almond flakes on top, followed by the pistachio, rose petals and walnut halves.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until bubbling and light golden in colour