Nothing smells better than freshly baked, warm, homemade bread! This fluffy vegan Toast Bread is easy to make and has a heavenly coconutty aroma to it.
|Instant dry yeast||
Coconut milk powder
Method of Preparation:
- In a bowl, add the bread flour, sugar, coconut milk, and Coconut water, and mix well and rest for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Add the yeast, salt, and vegan butter and knead for 8 minutes into a soft smooth non-sticky dough and check the windowpane test.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and let it rise for 1.5 hours or until doubled.
- Take the dough out, punch it down divided into 3 small dough rest them for another 15 minutes then each of the dough shapes into a loaf, by rolling into a jelly roll or pulling on all sides.
- Place in a greased or parchment-lined bread pan.
- Cover lightly with a cling film and let rise until doubled for 60-90 minutes.
- Bake in pre-heated 160ºc for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the bread from pan. Cool completely before slicing.
Chef Sally Handoko
Sally Handoko is a popular name in the Dubai culinary industry. She started her career in the Four Seasons in Indonesia and edged into the pastry kitchen. From a very young age itself, Sally was fond of baking cakes and it was only natural for her to choose baking over cooking. Her passion for learning more and her love for world-class patisserie led her ways to Dubai after working in Indonesia for a few years.
In Dubai, Sally worked with JW Marriot, Fairmont, and The Conrad before her current position with ICCA Dubai as a Pastry Chef Instructor. She left the kitchen at the peak of her career as an Executive Pastry Chef to pursue her long term interest in teaching. Despite her successful position in the kitchen hierarchy, Sally always wanted to develop her career as a culinary instructor so that she could share knowledge and inspire the next round of professionals in the field.