The aroma and warmth of freshly baked sweet bread is a homely comfort that is hard to resist. Chocolate Pecan Roll is a fresh take on the good old cinnamon rolls, where the rolls are filled with a generous amount of chocolate spread and pecan nuts instead of cinnamon sugar, giving it a lovely chocolate-nutty flavour.
|Bake stable||As required|
|Chocolate spread||As required|
|Crushed pecan nut||As required|
|Icing sugar||4 tbsp|
|Vanilla extract||1 tsp|
Method of Preparation:
- Mix together all ingredients except butter and knead to form a soft dough.
- Add butter and knead the dough again to form a very soft dough.
- Rest the dough for 45 min at room temperature.
- Knock back the dough and sheet, apply the bake stable chocolate spread & sprinkle the crushed pecan nuts and roll like a pin wheel.
- Cut to 1-inch thickness and place it in a 9” round prestige tin and rest for another 30 min.
- Bake at 180*c for 6-7 min.
- Drizzle the beaten icing on the top and serve warm.
Chef Vrushali Jadhav
Developing a strong affinity towards cooking at a very young age made Vrushali do her Bachelors’ in Hotel Management from IHM Goa, in order to pursue her passion to have a career in the world of culinary. Her dedication and commitment to excel have made her a name in the Culinary Fraternity in the UAE.
Vrushali’s Professional career started with the Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts, spotting immense talent in her which got her the opportunity to be a part of the pre-opening team at the prestigious Madinat Jumeirah Hotel in 2004. She has taken challenges and opportunities as they came, moving from Jumeirah Group to Dusit Thani and then to The Palace Down Town, where she worked as the Head Pastry Chef for over 7 years making the hotel a popular F&B offering in Dubai.
After years of industry experience, she embarked on the teaching path and joined ICCA Dubai to share her knowledge with the aspiring young chefs. Later on, she also became a certified Gelato Trainer by Carpigiani Gelato University, along with being a Baking & Patisserie Instructor at ICCA. In her journey as a Pastry Chef, she has travelled to Switzerland, Malaysia and Italy for work and training purposes with world-class master chefs.