A contemporary take on the traditional Fruitcake with white chocolate, winter-themed decorations and a gorgeous almond & chocolate Christmas tree topper to bring out the true essence of celebration.
Recipe of Card:
|Candied Orange peel chopped||110gm|
|Am arena cherries||85gm|
|Red grape juice||400ml|
Method of Preparation:
- Soak golden raisin, black currants, chopped dates, candied orange peel, am arena cherries and 1 tsp orange zest with warm red grape juice.
- Cream butter, orange zest, sugar and brown sugar till nice and creamy.
- Gradually add in egg one at a time and cream again.
- Sieve flour and baking powder and then add in the gingerbread spice.
- Squeeze all the fruits and mix with the above flour mixture, to coat all the fruits with flour.
- Fold this mixture with the creamy butter mixture and pour into the lined tin and bake at 150*c.
Chef Vrushali Jadhav
Developing a strong affinity towards cooking at a very young age made Vrushali do her Bachelors’ in Hotel Management from IHM Goa, in order to pursue her passion to have a career in the world of culinary. Her dedication and commitment to excel have made her a name in the Culinary Fraternity in the UAE.
Vrushali’s Professional career started with the Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts, spotting immense talent in her which got her the opportunity to be a part of the pre-opening team at the prestigious Madinat Jumeirah Hotel in 2004. She has taken challenges and opportunities as they came, moving from Jumeirah Group to Dusit Thani and then to The Palace Down Town, where she worked as the Head Pastry Chef for over 7 years making the hotel a popular F&B offering in Dubai.
After years of industry experience, she embarked on the teaching path and joined ICCA Dubai to share her knowledge with the aspiring young chefs. Later on, she also became a certified Gelato Trainer by Carpigiani Gelato University, along with being a Patisserie Instructor at ICCA. In her journey as a Pastry Chef, she has travelled to Switzerland, Malaysia and Italy for work and training purposes with world-class master chefs.